Sunday, January 10, 2010

Extra hands

Today I had extra hands for everything.  Extra hands to help clean up, prepare food, juice and eat!  It was so nice.  I love the weekends.  Even though our general routine goes out the window, it's so nice to have someone else around to help with things. 

Why is it that on the weekends I feel the most organized?  How do I translate that feeling into the week? 

I'm hoping that my new-found energy will help.  This afternoon, all the boys napped.  While they napped, I did a Wii workout, prepared dinner and tidied up a bit.  Normally during nap time I'm feeling so exhausted that I plunk my arse on the couch and surf the net and try and "regroup" while I have a few minutes to myself.  I know I should be doing other things...laundry, cleaning, dinner prep...whatever.  But I'm always too tired, and figure I deserve that time out for me.  But today, instead of getting into bed with my hubby to nap, I took time for me...in a different, more productive way.  It felt great!  I felt like I was on top of things, and I even managed to get dinner on the table at a reasonable time, and made enough so there was leftovers for lunch, and a freezer meal!  Talk about starting off the week on the right foot. 

The only "fly in my ointment" so to speak is that right now I'm feeling rather fat.  Ugh.  I'm down 4lbs, which is great.  I'm just hoping that by adding in more activity, I'll start dropping a bit more weight.  This is always my issue.  I like instant gratification!  This is my reminder to myself that slow and steady is the healthiest way for me! 

So now I'm off to do a little bit more of a workout, have a bath and then off to bed.  Here's hoping that I get some good sleep tonight which will burn more fat! 

3 Comments:

At January 11, 2010 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Junemommy said...

don't worry about the weight, just keep being good to yourself and your body, and the weight will take care of itself!

 
At January 11, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Do you feel fat because the scale wasn't down again or because you physically feel fat? There is a difference! Remember that! Slow and steady and how you feel is way more important than what the damn scale says! Keep at it sista!

 
At January 11, 2010 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Sheila's Adventures said...

Remember this line - the scale is bad!! The scale is bad! Give yourself a couple of days off from looking down. Look ahead - slow and steady wins the race.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home