Thursday, April 22, 2010

Colours

I see in colours.

I realize that's a silly statement.  Don't we all see in colours?  What I mean is, when I look at someone, I usually see what colour they are.  Not all the time, but sometimes I just have an overwhelming sense that someone is "x" colour. 

When my first born was small, he just felt like blue to me.  I dressed him in blue clothes often.  This had nothing to do with the fact that he is a boy, but more to do with the fact that blue looks really good on him.  When I thought about decorating his "big boy" room, I just knew it had to be blue.  No other colour felt right.  To me, blue is a serene colour, a calm colour.  And the toddler was, and is, a calm child.  And he still looks good wearing blue, in his blue room. 

The baby is a different story.  Despite his fair colouring and his bright blue eyes, I don't see blue with him.  I see green and brown.  Sure, blue clothes look good on him, but they aren't the first clothes I reach for.  He's been wearing a lot of brown lately.  And when I think about decorating his big boy room (not yet!!! but one day....), I know it is going to be in tones of green.  I don't think of green as a high energy colour, and this child has energy to burn.  I'm not sure what to make of it.

My husband is also blue, but a deep blue.  The kind of deep blue you see in the ocean.  But he's calm, steady, and has a heart so big and deep -- it fits.  And he looks great in blue too.  No wonder most people think the toddler looks like him. 

My mentor is a pink.  Every time I'm around her, she just glows this lovely pink hue.  Maybe it's because she's full of love and grace and confidence.  And pink clothes look great on her too. 

I think the colour thing has to do with the energy I feel when I'm with someone.  Maybe that's why it doesn't happen all the time -- just when the energy is really strong.  I wonder what colour people see when they look at me. 

So in your life...what colours do you see? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home