Friday, August 20, 2010

Technology free zone

My computer is finally back up and running.  It has been a long two weeks. 

So much of my life is online.  All my contacts, emails, addresses, phone numbers etc are stored in my email inbox.  I went to register my oldest son for swimming lessons the other day and realized my family PIN number was stored, in my files, in my email inbox.  Fortunately, I was able to call and have them look it up, but when you're relegated to calling, you have to do things during business hours.  Business hours in this house are also known as "when the children need me most" hours. 

This is why I love online.  You can socialize, shop, register, email, blog, and more, all at times that are convenient for you.  Of course, sometimes I tend to do things too much by email.  It was almost a joke that I actually had to call people during the two weeks I was without a computer. 

Having said all this, it wasn't a bad thing to have a break.  I am a little bit addicted to my online life.  I have many friends that I keep in touch with online, and I missed talking to them while I was out of touch.  But, on my forced hiatus, I was able to rest more and get a few things cleaned up.  Not always a bad thing to be forced into the real world. 

However, I'm happy to report that I'm back up and running.  But maybe my little lesson in all of this is to live in my real life more often. 

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 6:37 AM , Anonymous Trish D said...

Missed you! My computer crashed for about 4 days last month and it was strange not doing my daily routine's (ie - checking e-mail, etc) but it was also a nice break.

 
At September 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous ashley said...

great to see you :)
i JUST wrote about the very same thing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home