Sunday, January 17, 2010

Interesting moments

Do you ever have those moments where you go "this...this is the low point in my marriage"??

Picture this:  Saturday night at midnight.  Kids are in bed, blissfully asleep.  It's dark and quiet, and a young couple who are hopelessly in love are cuddled up in the warm bed. 

Romantic, right?  Well instead of spending that time wisely (ahem), we got into a rather deep conversation.  About poop. Yes, you heard it.  We spent the better part of an hour discussing colons, how they work, if it really was possible to have years of "spackle and paste" stuck in there, and finally, what it felt like to have a really good clean out.  Yep, that's romantic.  When you ignore sex opportunities for poop discussions, it's definitely a low point (although rather funny).

I've been at this "clean out" for 2 weeks now.  I can't believe it's been 14 days already.  I definitely couldn't have done it without the support of my husband.  I'm glad that we both feel strongly about having a healthy family, and I'm grateful that he's willing to accept any change that I bring into the house without complaint.  He's even curbed his late-night snacking so as not to offend me (or rub it in my face). 

Come to think of it, maybe this is a high point after all.

3 Comments:

At January 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I think it is a high point!!

 
At January 21, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Sheila's Adventures said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Sheila's Adventures said...

Let's try that again. Sophie hit a button before I was finished. That actually shows how much you love each other - you can talk about just anything! Very romantic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home